It seems like a content silence that falls upon everyone on a busy train but secretly everyone is wishing to talk to the person next to them. Small brief smiles are exchanged but are quickly given way to the blank stare back out of the train window. Small pockets of undistinguishable chatter float across the carriage. Everyone hears it but no one every really listens. They all get lost in the movement in the silence in a mind of there own. Tracing over the days activities or worrying about minor details, clenching their teeth worrying that the train might derail and everyone will die, screaming in their own mind to drown out the deafening silence that everyone sits in.
It's just a train trip to a city.
Should I disturb the peace that has fallen by getting up and going to the loo? I might lose my seat.
It is pretty busy.
I can wait.
Stuff em, I was here first.
No comments:
Post a Comment